qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker exchange set Alternate Exchange
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:10:12 GMT
Yeah, the broker currently doesn't really support AlternateExchanges on
Exchanges.

setAttribute() probably isnt doing anything in particular because I dont
think we have ever been able to set any attributes on exchanges via the
management interface (have a look at JMX) thus far.

Some of the reasons we haven't done anything about it are:

a) We currently have a bit of a chicken-and-egg issue with the way we store
and recover exchanges that would doing make this harder than it sounds like
it ought to be. We have discussed a route for fixing these issues by
changing how we store certain bits of virtualhost level config to be
relationships between different objects, but wont get to that until further
down the line when we eventually rewrite the internal model and config
storage for virtualhosts and queues/exchanges/bindings etc along the lines
of what we are doing at the broker level just now.

b) it has never worked and noone has ever mentioned it (until now), so it
seems nobody is actually using them with the Java broker.

Raising a JIRA and parking it for now seems like the way to go here to me,
though we could perhaps make the broker be more informative of the fact
that it isnt going to work.

Robbie