qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Comparing two JMS Destinations created using address strings.
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:13:48 GMT
Personally I would probably go for option 2, though I see the existing
comparison (presumably for the old BindingURLs) was already similarly
lacking.

At the very least I think the comment Alex made on the JIRA around the
'subject' from the Address string needs to be addressed. I seem to recall
from reviewing a different change at some point, I noted that not
specifying an exchange within an Address made it default to use of the
amq.topic exchange somewhere under the covers. That suggests that after the
change which has been made, for many users session.createTopic(<simple
topic name>) could have unexpectedly started returning a lot of different
Topic objects that always say they are equal when they are clearly not
expected to be.

Robbie