qpid-users mailing list archives

From Tom M <td.hom...@gmail.com>
Subject how to set static binding (routingkeys) config for Java broker?
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 14:26:09 GMT
We are attempting to set the configuration for our qpid broker in
development of a production system.

It appears that qpid-config  does not work for the Java broker.  Is this
still correct?

I see that we can set the config for the exchanges and queue in the
virtualhosts.xml.
But, I can not find any documentation or examples about setting the binding
(routingkeys) in this config file.  Is it possible to config the bindings
from this file?  If so, can you provide the syntax?

I have found that setting static bindings for static Direct Exchange to
static queue does work for the Java broker (and we have had success
providing messaging this way with the Java broker).
 We can staticly configure the bindings (as well as the exchange and
queues) via the C++ client lib, using  session exchangeBind( ), from a
static Direct Exchange and static queue.
Also, can successfully set via Jconsole.
But, we don't want to have to use these methods for our production system
(we are attempting to get away from the C++ client lib, and then I don't
even see this available for the messaging lib.)

We would prefer to set our mission operational messaging elements via a
config file (or config script or Java app) on broker start up.

This is primarily driven by our HA requirements.  For HA, for these primary
command and responses messages, we need our exchanges, queues and bindings
to be static so that if any of the involved components goes down, we will
not lose any messages.
Also, we need to set bindings such that, in some cases, a single
message into given exchange needs to route to multiple queues.  And, also,
some queues need to be bound to multiple exchanges.

A little broader question....
If qpid-config does not work for the Java broker, is there some other a way
to provide the config that will work for both the Java and C++ broker?
We would like to have the flexibility to config with either.

thanks,
Tom Maggio