qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker exchange questions
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 15:37:36 GMT
Hi Fraser

On 9 March 2013 16:01, Fraser Adams <fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I'm somewhat unfamiliar with the Java broker so it'd be great if anyone
> knows the answers to these.
>
> 1) Does the Java broker support Sequence Number and Initial Value Exchange.
> These would be added to the C++ broker using the properties
> "qpid.msg_sequence=1" and "qpid.ive=1". I'm pretty sure that the answer is
> no, because _virtualHost.getExchangeFactory().createExchange() i.e. the
> DefaultExchangeFactory doesn't seem to support passing any extra properties,
> but I thought I'd check.

Nope - I think someone knocked up some code for this at some point,
but it was never checked in.  I've never really been sure of the use
case for the initial value exchange.

> 2) Is the xml exchange supported on the Java Broker? I think not because I'm
> getting "org.apache.qpid.AMQUnknownExchangeType: Unknown exchange type: xml"
> propagated when I try to call createExchange() with type = "xml", but
> perhaps there's some a priori config that needs to be put in place, though
> looking in
> "<qpid-root>/java/broker/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/exchange"
> there doesn't seem to be an XMLExchange class, so perhaps it doesn't exist
> for the Java broker??

Correct - no XMLExchange either.  Probably wouldn't be a huge thing to
implement one... but to be honest no-one ever asked and it's not part
of the AMQP standard.

Cheers,
Rob