qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java broker exchange questions
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 19:26:08 GMT
On 9 March 2013 20:20, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9 March 2013 16:46, Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> The larger task I would like to undertake is to make it possible to
>> just drop in jars containing new Exchange / Queue types in a pluggable
>> manner.
>>

> That is actually already supported on trunk for Exchange types, and is how
> even the base Exchange types from the prior AMQP specs are now loaded (we
> enforce that the base types are present though).

Ah yes - I think you mentioned that to me... but it slipped my mind :)
  That is a huge improvement!

> Queues are not loaded in the same way yet as that was definitely a larger
> task calling for more of a rewrite in order to implement.

Yeah - from an AMQP 1.0 point of view one might consider Queues and
Exchanges both as types of "Nodes" (the 1.0 transport for the Java
Broker actually allows you to publish directly to Queues and subscribe
to Exchanges)... how to present this and the 0.x view as a single
coherent model will be "interesting" (are bindings links from
exchanges to queues I wonder)

-- Rob (going seriously off-topic)