qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bill Freeman <ke1g...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions from a novice
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 20:52:29 GMT
---Part 2

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/26/2013 04:12 PM, Bill Freeman wrote:
>
>> 4. If necessary, I'm thinking of disambiguating object IDs across browsers
>> by decorating (the string representing) the object ID with (a string
>> representing) the broker IP address and port.  Is there something easier
>> and/or better?  Specifically, if all relevant brokers are in the same
>> federation, are the labels used in setting up routes guaranteed to be
>> stable and unique (within the federation), making it possible for object
>> labels to survive re-hosting of a broker?
>>

> The brokers 'tag' in a federation is stored persistently (but can also be
> set via command line option). Assuming this is what you mean by label, then
> yes, the intention is that it survives restart.
>
> (Object ids are another area I would personally like to see significantly
> improved in any AMQP based new management protocol).

And, indeed, I'm finding it necessary to uniquely identify (at least queue)
objects in a federation, which means I do want a broker identifier uniquely
and persistently (I'd like to have some cached correspondences survive
system restarts).

So it occurs to me to ask whether the correspondence between named queue
and object id survives broker restarts?

And I presume that deleting and recreating queues can change their object
IDs?

> 6. Is the concept of "class" and "package" in QMF object filtering related
> to implementation classes and namespaces on the broker?  If so, will this
> filtering find sub-classes, or must the description be instance exact?

No, the class and package don't tie to the code that implements e.g. Queue
> or Exchange. QMF doesn't have any notion of subtyping as far as I'm aware.

So, then, are Queue and Exchange the class (I'm guessing from the code I've
read).  Could you please explain packages?

Thanks, Bill