qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jason Barto <jason.p.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Using QPID AMQP via SwiftMQ Java API
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 01:22:48 GMT
I'm new to AMQP 1.0, coming from RabbitMQ/9-1 and I am trying to get my
head wrapped around the changes.  I'm creating an AMQP test client using
SwiftMQ's Java API.

I have a producer sending messages to a topic with a specific subject (I
understand these are aligned with the old routing keys?).

Where I'm confused is how to create a consumer for messages sent to the
topic with a specific subject.  The SwiftMQ API doesn't permit for
specification of anything other than a source with an optional 'message
selector' (I think that's a JMS term?).  Do I need to specify a message
selector in order to get my consumer bound to a topic with a particular
routing key?  Or is this done through the source address?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment,
Jason