qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Do you use qpidd.conf, if so for what? (was Re: Ubuntu cmake woes - update 0.20 works, trunk still broken!!)
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2013 18:52:20 GMT
I think that examples of some of the SASL and other security options are
definitely worth including in a sample qpidd.conf that one is always
something of a black art with traps for the unwary etc. the mailing list
might go quite quiet if there were lots of good examples for various
security use case :-D I guess qpidd.conf might not be the best place to
put this, but every little helps with that side of things from my
perspective.

As a slight irony given the work Rob and Robbie are doing on the Java
broker, I'd personally quite have liked a way to configure queues. I
don't really like how it's currently tied to persistence - in other
words to make queue config survive broker restarts I could make the
queue durable, but that also makes the messages persistent unless I
explicitly disable the default message durability behaviour (which I may
not be able to control).

Clearly that's a bit O/T to your original request, but I thought I'd
mention it :-)

Frase