qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: is there a cmake uninstall target????
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:17:07 GMT
On 22/03/13 17:43, Steve Huston wrote:
> It's all part of the plan for world domination ;-)
I'll go back to automake in a sulk y'know ;-p

> Probably not - note, though, that there are multiple ways that cmake can handle "install"
- it can generate an RPM, for example, that would do uninstall nicely.
It's a nice idea, but not much good on my Ubuntu box :-)

> Usually I just run out of the build directory. Less hassle.

I guess that's probably the least hassle approach for running and
testing multiple qpid broker versions and I might ultimately be tempted
to go down that path, though not sure it's ideal for building clients.

I *really* think that I should be able to get a clean install and
uninstall using cmake before I'd properly deprecate automake - so do
keep on with the magic incantations to help me say hello to cmake and
goodbye to automake.

I definitely don't think setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an acceptable approach.

Also do you have any idea on the

"
[Broker] critical Unexpected error: Error in configuration file
/usr/local/etc/qpid/qpidd.conf: Bad argument:
|cluster-mechanism=DIGEST-MD5 ANONYMOUS|
"
I've been seeing when I try running qpidd in src? I guess that I could
comment the line out, but I'm curious as to why I should be seeing it.
Am I missing something or is it just a temporary glitch in trunk?

Frase