qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: is there a cmake uninstall target????
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 17:55:17 GMT
On 22/03/13 17:27, Chuck Rolke wrote:
> The one time I uninstalled I used 'xargs rm < install_manifest.txt'
>
> It wasn't so bad.
>
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Can_I_do_.22make_uninstall.22_with_CMake.3F

Thanks Chuck,
that seemed to work, though it's not entirely obvious nor intuitive.

Interesting that you say "the one time I uninstalled" TBH I've always
had to make uninstall every time I've previously upgraded qpid versions
'cause I'd get weird build problems, I guess due to ld finding the old
library versions before new ones. Perhaps that was an issue with the
automake make system, but to me it just "feels right" to start from a
clean slate. Not having a "make uninstall" just feels weird.

Anyway the xargs thing seems to be OK though I think it's worth adding
to the README as we move to cmake.

still can't get the cmake install to work though :-( I should've waited
'til Alan got back off holiday :-D

Frase