qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Comparing two JMS Destinations created using address strings.
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:14:14 GMT
On 03/19/2013 04:01 PM, Rajith Attapattu wrote:
> I agree with you that it's best to return false negatives instead of
> false positives as the latter can create issues.
> I will add the subject to the equals test, at least that will cover
> some cases, but want be a complete fix.
> Do you have a suggestion for fanout, xml, headers etc ?

I wouldn't treat those as special cases. From the perspective of a
producer my-fanout/subject1 and my-fanout/subject2 are still not
equivalent, even though the exchange type does not do any subject based
filtering, as the message they will produce by default will differ.

That difference is potentially even more significant for xml and headers
exchanges.

As you say, false negatives are to probably be preferred, so any two
destinations including a subject where that subject does not match can
in my view safely be viewed as not equivalent.