qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Using QPID AMQP via SwiftMQ Java API
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:04:08 GMT
On 03/15/2013 01:22 AM, Jason Barto wrote:
> I'm new to AMQP 1.0, coming from RabbitMQ/9-1 and I am trying to get my
> head wrapped around the changes.  I'm creating an AMQP test client using
> SwiftMQ's Java API.

Which broker are you working with? (The java broker or the c++ broker?)

> I have a producer sending messages to a topic with a specific subject (I
> understand these are aligned with the old routing keys?).

Correct.

> Where I'm confused is how to create a consumer for messages sent to the
> topic with a specific subject.  The SwiftMQ API doesn't permit for
> specification of anything other than a source with an optional 'message
> selector' (I think that's a JMS term?).  Do I need to specify a message
> selector in order to get my consumer bound to a topic with a particular
> routing key?  Or is this done through the source address?

A JMS selector filter will not currently work as expected with the c++
broker. Support for selectors is being added but it does not yet cover
the case where a consuming link is established to a topic exchange.
There is support for a subject filter
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs/apache-filters.xml#type-legacy-amqp-topic-binding)

but that is a registered extension to the core protocol (as is the
selector filter) and is likely not supported by the SwiftMQ client.
Andreas could probably clarify that.

I'm not sure of the situation with the java broker. Rob, will a selector
on its own work as expected when creating a link from a topic exchange?
Or perhaps using a fanout exchange since the selection is done entirely
by the selector?