qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 13:08:40 GMT
On 02/15/2013 06:22 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> I have an initial patch that adds the ability to have qpidd initiate
> AMQP 1.0 connections (and links) to some external entity (e.g. another
> 1.0 supporting broker).
>
> It isn't quite ready to be committed yet I'm afraid, but for those
> interested more detail can be found at
> https://reviews.apache.org/r/9469/ along with the current patch.

This is now ready to commit (I have added some automated tests and fixed
a few issues that came up). Though the alpha period is now over, I don't
see these changes as problematic for the beta. They only affect the 1.0
implementation and are optional enhancements to that. The details of the
change have been available for review and comment for some time. So,
unless anyone objects I'll be committing the update shortly.

As an additional but separate step I'd like to add some better tooling
for this work. There are a couple of different options there. One is to
extend the existing qpid-config tool to allow creation of domains and
links to other 1.0 enabled entities. The other is to add a new tool for
that purpose (this could be quite generic and thus usable for creating,
deleting and listing objects of any type). I lean towards the second
option. If you have a view on that, let me know.