qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: C++ broker Broker::createObject question.
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 18:48:25 GMT
Cheers Gordon,
It does indeed look very similar to the preceeding " else if (type ==
TYPE_EXCHANGE || type == TYPE_TOPIC) " block so it's almost certainly
just a bit of copy/paste.

Incidentally I noticed in the preceeding block the following:

"
         try {
             std::pair<boost::shared_ptr<Exchange>, bool> result =
                 createExchange(name, exchangeType, durable,
alternateExchange, arguments, userId, connectionId);
             if (!result.second) {
                 throw ObjectAlreadyExists(name);
             }
         } catch (const UnknownExchangeTypeException&) {
             throw Exception(QPID_MSG("Invalid exchange type: " <<
exchangeType));
         }
"

but the binding just has

"
         bind(binding.queue, binding.exchange, binding.key, arguments,
userId, connectionId);
"

Which looks like the reason adding duplicate bindings doesn't cause the
broker to barf, but trying to add queues/exchanges with the same name does.

Thanks again for your response, it helped my sanity a bit - which was
much needed considering the weirdness I came across this weekend trying
to map things between the C++ and Java Brokers, I definitely think
there's a lot of scope for "unification" there :-)

Frase