qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial implementation of JMS like selectors for C++ messaging client and broker
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 13:01:32 GMT
On 03/04/2013 11:13 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> 3. Selectors are specified on the as a "qpid.selector" property of links
> in the messaging API address syntax: for instance an address might be
> like
> "queue; {link:{qpid.selector:\"color='blue' and price>100\"}}"

Why is the 'qpid.' prefix used here?

I could understand that being used in an argument name to the 0-10
arguments map on message.subscribe (since it is a qpid specific 0-10
extension). For an explicit link level property however it seems odd and
unnecessary (since the entire address syntax is qpid specific).

There may be a need to allow different kinds of filter to be specified
also. Having a filter option that could be a nested map (and would thus
allow some type annotation to be added if needed) might therefore be a
good idea.