qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:56:53 GMT
On 02/25/2013 06:57 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> On Sex, 2013-02-15 at 18:22 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:

>>> As promised, I've attached some of my thoughts on addressing. I'm
>>> posting these to the OASIS AMQP TC list as well.
>>>
>>> Comments, corrections, criticisms are all welcome!
>>
>> I have an initial patch that adds the ability to have qpidd initiate
>> AMQP 1.0 connections (and links) to some external entity (e.g. another
>> 1.0 supporting broker).
>>
>> It isn't quite ready to be committed yet I'm afraid, but for those
>> interested more detail can be found at
>> https://reviews.apache.org/r/9469/ along with the current patch.
>>

> I have compiled qpidd with the patch, how can I "Interconnect" two
> brokers now?

[Apologies for the much delayed response].

You first need to create a 'domain' on the broker that will initiate the
connection to the other. This essentially defines how to connect. This
is done through the 'create' QMF 'method' on the broker, using 'domain'
as the type. The valid properties are 'url, 'username', 'password',
'sasl_mechanisms (and less frequently needed min_ssf. max_ssf,
sasl_service).

At present you can do this either via qpid-tool or using the qpid-ctrl
test utility[1]. E.g.

   qpid-ctrl create type=domain name=my-domain
properties="{'url':'broker2.acme.org','mechanisms':'NONE'}"

Next, you can statically set up incoming or outgoing links from the
first broker to this 'domain'. You do that by again using the QMF
'create' method, but this type using a type of either 'incoming' or
'outgoing', depending on the desired direction of message flow. The
valid properties for both types are 'domain', 'source' and 'target'

E.g. qpid-ctrl create type=outgoing name=my-outgoing-link
properties="{'domain':'my-domain','source':'amq.topic','target':'amq.topic'}"

There will be better tooling available for this eventually.

Alternatively, you can also simply relay through the broker to a defined
domain without any statically setup links. To do this you simply append
the domain name to the node you wish to send to. E.g. creating a sender
on a session with the first broker to e.g. my-queue@my-domain, will
result in the messages being relayed to my-queue on the second broker.

I.e. you can access nodes actually implemented in some other AMQP 1.0
container (whether another qpidd, a different 1.0 capable broker or even
a proton messenger service) to be accessed as if they were in the one
broker the client is connected to.

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/cpp/src/tests/qpid-ctrl