qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Is this send behavior normal. Need help understanding getAvailable and getUnsettled
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 11:25:39 GMT
On 02/25/2013 09:03 AM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I wanted to test the setcapacity feature of a sender. As far as I know when
> this capacity is set then after a certain number of messages are sent
> (which is the setcapacity number) the sender would block and not send
> anymore messages until an acknowledgment is received from the
> receiver.

The sender only cares about an acknowledgement from its peer, which in
this case is the broker. Specifically the subsequent delivery of a
message from the queue to a receiving process, and the acknowledgement
of that receiving process, is not relevant to the senders unsettled
state or therefore to its capacity. Does that help?