qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java broker queue questions....
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:00:22 GMT
Thanks for the responses so far,

Re: The MaximumQueueDepth is used for alerting... if you go above that
then you start getting alerts. There's no correlation required between
these two settings (nor must one be set if the other is).

What sort of alerts are you talking about here? With the C++ broker
there's a queueThresholdExceeded event sent in QMF if the queue depth
exceeds ~80% of the queue's capacity (the 80% is configurable).

With the C++ broker the queues generally behave as bounded buffers so
either with reject or ring limit policy, with reject an exception gets
thrown to producers, with ring it's a circular buffer.

If I'm reading things correctly there doesn't seem to be the *direct*
equivalent of these concepts but I guess that the flow control gives
similar?

All slightly frustrating :-)

F.