qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java broker exchange questions
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2013 08:42:01 GMT

> Yeah - from an AMQP 1.0 point of view one might consider Queues and
> Exchanges both as types of "Nodes" (the 1.0 transport for the Java
> Broker actually allows you to publish directly to Queues and subscribe
> to Exchanges)... how to present this and the 0.x view as a single
> coherent model will be "interesting" (are bindings links from
> exchanges to queues I wonder)
As per previous post I'm *really* interested in this going forward as I
suspect are many people. Publishing to a queue seems fairly "normal"
given that the default direct exchange provided a mechanism to use a
producer address that just looked like a queue, but subscribing to an
exchange seems weirder. In the latter case clearly a topic address made
it look like this was happening, but a temporary queue was always put in
place *actually* subscribing to exchanges seems more unusual as one
would normally expect some sort of "elastic" buffering to decouple
producers and consumers. I guess that with Qpid there's the concept of
prefetching messages so I guess that this gives the necessary buffering
(unless synchronous behaviour has been specified).

I'd really like to understand more about how this is currently working
in AMQP 1.0/Proton do you have some example Addresses that are being
used - I'm particularly interested in how an existing AddressString
containing a headers exchange and bindings to that might work.

> -- Rob (going seriously off-topic)

Perhaps, but it's probably a good topic to start, the AMQP 1.0 work has
been quietly going on in dev land and I think this is probably a good
time to start sharing the love a bit on the user list.

Frase