qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Java broker exchange questions
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 16:30:09 GMT
Cheers Rob,
That all concurs with my observations, so at least I've not missed anything.

Part of the reason I asked is because of consistency with the C++ broker
which does support these things. I'm currently most of the way through a
QmfManagementPlugin which allows the Java Broker to be controlled by
things like qpid-config and my QMF GUI. Most of the main bits are there
now but when I test with qpid-config I'm keen to make sure that I map
whatever I can into the Java Broker's internal model.

TBH I've never used IVE or sequence numbers myself, but I'm pretty sure
that I have seen postings related to these in the context of the C++
broker so I'm guessing that some people do use them, I guess Gordon will
probably recall such queries better than most.

XML exchange is another matter and although not part of the AMQP
standard it's got a lot of potential, that said the Java broker supports
JMS Message Selectors which I guess probably cater for most of the use
cases where the XML exchange may have been beneficial. Andrew Stitcher
has started work on Message Selectors for the C++ broker (which is uber
cool IMHO, I've been hoping for that for ages) so perhaps ultimately
fully interoperable Message Selectors are a better way forward than XML
exchanges?

I'll keep you posted and thanks again for the response.
Frase