qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stitcher <astitc...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Initial implementation of JMS like selectors for C++ messaging client and broker
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:34:35 GMT
On Mon, 2013-03-11 at 13:01 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
> On 03/04/2013 11:13 PM, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> > 3. Selectors are specified on the as a "qpid.selector" property of links
> > in the messaging API address syntax: for instance an address might be
> > like
> > "queue; {link:{qpid.selector:\"color='blue' and price>100\"}}"
>
> Why is the 'qpid.' prefix used here?

It's a placeholder, suggest something more appropriate and I will change
it.

Currently the implementation is incomplete (and qpid specific) and so I
didn't want to use something in the "amqp" space. When this
implementation completely implements the "standard" in [1] I'd expect to
use amqp.selector as the key. It is true that I'm trying hard to ensure
that any selector in the current implementation won't change it's
meaning when the implementation is finished, but I may screw that up.

> There may be a need to allow different kinds of filter to be specified
> also. Having a filter option that could be a nested map (and would thus
> allow some type annotation to be added if needed) might therefore be a
> good idea.

I think this starts to get more cumbersome than necessary, I'd say just
use a different link property name for a different type of
selector/filter. viz:
....link:{amqp.selector:\"bal=foo\", otherfilter:\"another spec here
\"}...

Andrew

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid/specs/apache-filters.xml#type-selector-filter