qpid-users mailing list archives

From Aleš Trček <Ales.Tr...@halcom.si>
Subject RE: C++ broker and priority queues
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:16:43 GMT
Thanks for the suggestion, however this does not seem to work. Queue is created, messages can
be exchanged, but I receive them FIFO not sorted by priority. With message.getJMSPriority()
I can see the priorities I had set, so that is OK. It's just that the queue is not a priority
queue. Any other insights into this priority stuff on C++ broker? :)

>Hi Aleš,
>
>I think you can use the --argument=<NAME=VALUE> option of the qpid-config to specify
the number of priorities. It is a long time since I used it, but I believe it should >be
something like ...

Hat MRG-M documentation seems to contain some more details about it (>https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/2/html/Messaging_Programming_Reference/sect-Priority_Queuing.html).