qpid-users mailing list archives

From Keith W <keith.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CLI for Qpid Java Broker?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 12:58:27 GMT
Hello Peter

Qpid-cli was removed some time ago (by QPID-3260).  At the point of
its removal, it had received no maintenance for a number of years and
has been omitted since 0.6 owing to problems affecting its release
artefacts. I doubt resurrection would be straightforward and I would
encourage more discussion on this list prior to any effort expended in
that direction.

The Java Broker has two management interfaces: JMX interface and a
web-management interface (which is backed by a RESTful API) both of
these interfaces could be used in a programmatic fashion from
monitoring scripts.  The JMX interface exposes the connections to the
Broker via org.apache.qpid.management.common.mbeans.ManagedConnection.
 Sessions within those connections are exposed by the
ManagedConnection#channels() operation.   Connections/sessions are not
yet exposed via the REST interface.

Kind regards, Keith.