qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject 0.20 C++ on Ubuntu 11.10 doesn't quite "just work"
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 16:15:01 GMT
Hi All,
I've managed to successfully make 0.20 on my Ubuntu box and the makefile
is a *great deal* less hassle than the nightmare that I had building
0.12 (to be honest that pain was one of the reasons that I stuck at 0.12
for as long as I did).

However although I didn't have to hack and patch as I did previously it
still failed during make install complaining about not finding libraries
(it failed when installing the ha.la stuff - I thought it was laughing
at me :-)).

I can consistently do a clean make if I do the following

export LDFLAGS=-L`dirname $(pwd)`/cpp/src/.libs
./bootstrap
./configure
make
sudo make install

In other words I need to do
export LDFLAGS=-L`dirname $(pwd)`/cpp/src/.libs

Fortunately I've needed to do this on previous versions, so it was the
first thing I tried when make install failed, but I'm curious about it.

Is it just me??? Does anyone else need this to get make install to
work?? Is it an issue with Ubuntu or just Ubuntu 11.10 or do any other
Linux distros need this.

It's not a big deal, but if anybody else has seen the same issue I think
that it'd be good to include the export LDFLAGS.... stuff in the README
or INSTALL instructions.

I'd love to know if others have seen this.

Cheers,
Frase