qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: CLI for Qpid Java Broker?
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:57:56 GMT
Hi Keith,
I'm afraid I've got no familiarity with the Java broker other than
knowing that it exists, but the stuff you mentioned below (the JMX and
RESTful API interest me).

You may or may not be aware of this, but I recently released a pretty
comprehensive GUI for Qpid, well as it happens really it's a GUI for the
C++ broker that makes use of QMF. The architecture for this comprises a
Java Implementation of the QMF2 API, this is then exposed via a RESTful
implementation of the QMF2 API, which in turn is used by a JavaScript
implementation of the QMF2 API running on the browser.

The RESTful API allows QMF connections to multiple brokers by allowing
users to PUT Qpid Connections.

One of the things that I was toying with was the idea of extending this
to the Java broker, though it sounds like there's a degree of overlap
with what you've described here.

Do you know how closely (or otherwise) the Java broker JMX or REST
objects mirror the QMF Management Objects in the C++ broker? With QMF
there is access to Connection, Session, Subscription, Queue, Exchange,
Binding and much more sounds like this is available in JMX but not via
the Java broker REST API???

Could you point me at the documentation for the JMX & REST APIs? Is
there example code?

Is the Java broker REST API backed by the JMX Management Objects or is
that completely separate?

How are things like Queues, Exchanges, Bindings etc. added it that via
JMX methods or something else - in the C++ broker it's via QMF methods.

In an "ideal world" I'd really like to do some harmonisation and extend
my GUI to talk to C++ and Java brokers with as much consistency as
possible. I've no idea if that's even possible given the capabilities of
the Java Management Object or the differences between QMF and JMX.

Does this seem useful or just crazy?

Frase