qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: how qpid can verify whether message delivered to the receiver
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 18:43:33 GMT
Hi, Sorry I've not got back to you on this.
I'm afraid that I'm a bit rusty on this I'm pretty sure it's in the
x-declare part of an Address String (which I assume you are using to
specify your queue/bindings etc. if you're using qpid::messaging or JMS).

The Address String is specified here
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.20/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/section-addresses.html,

but I've just looked and the various useful things that can be done in
x-declare aren't specified  in that document unfortunately.

There's another document that I dug out of my bookmarks here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+extensions+to+AMQP
which contain a number of x-declare options not obviously documented
elsewhere, but I can't see plain old autoDelete mentioned.

I'm "99% convinced" that it's just in the x-declare block of an Address
String Node or Link declare e.g. you'd do something like.

x-declare: {"autoDelete": true} or if you wanted it to be an exclusive
queue you'd do x-declare: {"exclusive": true, "autoDelete": true}

I have a vague recollection that there may have been something odd about
the true and you may have to do x-declare: {"autoDelete": "True"} but I
might have imagined that.

There is also the option of delaying the auto delete:

x-declare: {"autoDelete": true, "qpid.auto_delete_timeout": 60} e.g.
wait 60 seconds after the last connection before deleting.

I must stress that I'm a bit rusty, If I get a moment tomorrow I'll try
them out, but I'm in a bit of a rush this evening I'm afraid.

If Gordon Sim or Rob Godfrey are reading this thread - guys Re: the
x-declare options I thought that there was an intention to unify this
stuff into Programming in Apache Qpid? There have been a lot of good
additions to this of late but I didn't notice anything covering how to
declare auto delete when I skimmed the "Addresses" section. Have I
missed it?

Also to be honest I'm not too clear how x-declare: {"autoDelete": true}
differs from using delete: receiver in an Address String, I don't
usually use autodelete queues.

Cheers,
Frase