qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: We've got an App for that .... Qpid Web Based GUI - and more - just released.
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:57:43 GMT

>>> Is it just msgDepth or do you see the same for msgTotalEnqueues msgTotalDequeues
too
> msgDepth only (event with 1.1 version). All the other pages work pretty fine.
>

> Best Regards,
> Sergey

Thanks for the clarification I've got a hunch about it..... In the
graphs page JavaScript there's a line that goes:

while((stats.get(i)[TIMESTAMP] < minimumTimestamp) && (i < limit)) i++;

ISTR having intermittent issues with that a while back, though TBH it
was *really* infrequent on my set up so I forgot about it. I'd be
willing to bet it's that line that's the cause of the problem you're
seeing, though given the infrequency for me quite the scenario that
causes that condition I'm less sure on, I'll spend a bit of time trying
to consistently break it.

I could put a bit more defensive code around it, almost certainly it's
get(...) returning with null, but I'd rather figure out the cause first
than just defend against the symptom.

I *hate* bugs like that, it's like it'll take me ten minutes to fix
after I've spent two days trying to reproduce it :-) c'est la vie

Hope it's not a show-stopper for you.

Frase.