qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 11:54:31 GMT
On 02/05/2013 10:46 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
> On Seg, 2013-02-04 at 16:11 +0000, Gordon Sim wrote:
>> On 02/04/2013 02:59 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
>>> Hi Gordon,
>>>
>>> * support for the assert option
>>>
>>> This support includes disable all assertions, including the existence of
>>> the endpoint, as we discussed some time ago?
>>
>> Good question! Though in 1.0 the situation is somewhat different from
>> 0-10[1], calls to createSender()/createReceiver() do still block until a
>> response has been received from the server allowing validation of the
>> target or source.
>>
>> That is certainly something that can be relaxed. However I'm not
>> convinced that the assert option is the right mechanism. I think the
>> most direct and clear way of offering users the choice there would be to
>> overload the methods with variants that took a sync flag (much like with
>> send() and acknowledge()). What do you think?
>
> Would be something like 'session.createSender(address, dontVerify)' ?

I would call the second parameter 'sync' I think, it would be a boolean
which when true would give the current synchronous behaviour, i.e. the
call would block until the server responded (and would then throw an
error if the server indicated there was no such node or its properties
were not as requested, or permission was denied etc). If the value was
false then the call would return as soon as the request had been issued
and return from the method would not guarantee that the sender/receiver
was actually linked to a valid node.