qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: We've got an App for that .... Qpid Web Based GUI - and more - just released.
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:43:52 GMT
On 04/02/13 12:34, Zhemzhitsky Sergey wrote:

> The only issues I've faced with are:
>
> 1. The GUI didn't work with qpid 0.20 client libs (as far as I understand it’s already
fixed)
If you've downloaded version 1.1 it should work with Qpid 0.20, the
issue as you've probably seen on the mailing list related to the way
that amqp/list gets exposed to JMS clients. The fix in qmf2-v1.1 used
the fact that amqp/list is now exposed as a MapMessage, however after
the thread on that subject I was made aware that it's also possible to
cast to a Qpid specific ListMessage and get the java.util.list from
that. That's much cleaner than messing around with MapMessages so I'll
move to that method on the next release.

There are also a bunch on new properties that are available for the
queue object in Qpid 0.20 so I'll make sure that they get exposed in a
sensible way too.

> 2. After going to queues->queue->msgDepth and clicking here and there the GUI controls
stops working until page refresh

Gosh that's one I've not come across, I can't think of a good reason off
the top of my head. Is it just msgDepth or do you see the same for
msgTotalEnqueues msgTotalDequeues too? do you get the same on the
exchange or connection graphs?

The reason I ask is because they actually all navigate to the same
graphs page and this gets populated by the same JavaScript class so it's
very *interesting* if you are only seeing it on msgDepth and not the others.

Is this something that you are seeing often or is it a bit
random/intermittent?

What browser are you using? That said I've tried it on loads :-(

My money is on something like trying to dereference a null object in
JavaScript - when you see this are you seeing any JavaScript errors? If
you are would you be able to let me know what it's saying. If you are on
Chrome or Firefox it'd be *really* great if you'd be able to run
something like Web Console to see exactly where it's barfing.

I did *try* to put in a decent amount of defensive coding, but clearly
there's no such thing as too much defensive coding.

Anything to narrow it down gratefully received, I'm sure it's something
really stupid :-D

Cheers,
Frase