qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:23:17 GMT
On 02/04/2013 04:59 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Ok, good. I was concerned because I've heard of a major possible AMQP using community
who elected not to use AMQP because of the lack of broker federation standardization. I would
like this point squashed.

Yes, I have also heard that being raised.  As I say, there is nothing to
stop a broker establishing links (for message flow in either direction)
to a process that is in fact another broker implementation.

Whether a give broker supports this and the mechanism by which you
trigger it will vary from one implementation to another. However the
actual establishment of the link and the transfer of messages over it is
standard AMQP that should be supported by any broker (since it is
indistinguishable from what a sending or receiving client would be doing).

Out of curiosity, what did they use instead? I don't think there is
anything that standardises more of the problem than AMQP does.

> Is there a chance you'll be able to make progress on this area of Qpid sufficiently to
raise the topics at the Feb 18 AMQP F2F? Are you planning to go?

To get it into 0.22 it really needs to be mostly done by the alpha in
mid-feb, so yes I would hope to have something usable in svn by that time.

I am not able to attend the F2F sadly, but do plan on putting my
thoughts in a mail to the TC list (I'll post it here as well).