qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++]: Progressing AMQP 1.0 support for 0.22 release
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 16:56:33 GMT
On 02/04/2013 04:14 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Gordon,
>
>> I hope to make some further progress with AMQP 1.0 support for the next
>> release. Some of the gaps remaining are:
>>
>> * inter-broker links
>>
>> This allows qpidd to be hooked into wider 1.0 based networks which expands
>> the options for building or evolving systems.
>
> Does this require any work/contribution from the AMQP TC?

Another good question!

In establishing a link to another broker, qpidd is not doing anything
that other client libraries must be able to do. From the perspective of
that other broker qpidd can be treated as just another producer or consumer.

However there are aspects that will certainly benefit from more activity
in the standards group. The handling of reply-to in networks of
different broker implementations is a good example.

So while I think this work can (and should) get started now, I think it
will also ultimately need to be updated to take account of further
detail on the syntax and semantics of an 'address-string', any
standardisation efforts around management (mechanism and schema) etc.

--Gordon.