qpid-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: We've got an App for that .... Qpid Web Based GUI - and more - just released.
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 16:33:54 GMT
Hi Bruno,
Thanks for the logs. It's very weird.

I actually copied and pasted the info from the:

ConnectionHelper.createConnection() amqp://anonymous:anonymous@QpidJMS/vhost?brokerlist='tcp://0.0.0.0:5672'

i.e. the amqp://anon............
stuff

directly into the URL part of Add QMF Console Connection and for the 
anonymous-anonymous-auth-yes.txt case I definitely get "warning Failed 
to retrieve sasl username" from my broker.

I'm thinking we must have different sasl configurations. If I do "sudo 
sasldblistusers2" I get nothing back (I mostly mess around with --auth 
no when doing dev stuff). You don't happen to have explicitly added a 
user called anonymous do you??

As I say qpid-config works fine for me but I definitely get "warning 
Failed to retrieve sasl username" when I try

amqp://anonymous:anonymous@QpidJMS/vhost?brokerlist='tcp://0.0.0.0:5672'

As a connection URL.

Exactly what and where SASL looks for things is Voodoo magic to me :-) I 
thought it revolved around the commands sasldblistusers2, saslpasswd2.

Hmm ages back when I did mess around with auth I can vaguely recall some 
weirdness I'm using Ubuntu and that doesn't have a /etc/sasl2/ directory 
but does have a /etc/sasldb2 file I might have to did back an remind 
myself what I did. I'm also currently running a 0.12 broker so some 
stuff might have changed. I *vaguely* recall some stuff about sasl_mechs.

I was planning on upgrading to 0.20 so when I've got a moment I'll do 
that and try to remember how the heck I got authentication working - 
last time I tried I had a bit of a config fight, I think that the 
default paths prefer Redhat/Fedora to Ubuntu...


On the other topic
> Usually qpid-tool takes some time to get all information too.
>
Now that's really interesting (AKA a slight relief....), trying 
something like qpid-queue-stats would be good too. Clearly what I'm 
doing and qpid-tool/qpid-queue-stats are more or less unrelated except 
of course that they are both using QMF, but the code base is totally 
separate - mine is Java JMS the others are python. If qpid-tool is 
taking some time to get all information that would at least "suggest" 
that there's something odd at your end (can you sense that's what I'm 
hoping :-)). A very heavily loaded/swapping broker or something odd 
network wise.




One thing I have noticed when I added a bunch of different connections 
is that sometimes when I select between them the reconnection isn't as 
reliable as I'd initially thought. It's only occasional, but sometimes 
the broker disconnected doesn't go away. If I click back and forward 
it'll generally connect and it seems OK at that point responding to real 
broker disconnects. It's intermittent and TBH I only noticed it when I 
added the connections with the copy'n'paste ConnectionURLs so it's going 
to be a pain getting to the bottom of it - I *hate* intermittent bugs :-)

The reconnection stuff is pretty complicated and subtle and switching 
the "active" connection between different URLs was one of the most 
recent bits I added. It ought to be unrelated to the things you're 
describing but it's something to watch out for. It's easy to work around 
though by clicking the previous connection and back again.

F.





---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@qpid.apache.org


Mime
View raw message