qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Getting "[Broker] warning Exception on notification of dequeue" What does this mean ?
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 13:42:20 GMT
On 02/01/2013 01:30 PM, Rajesh Khan wrote:
> I'll be running the same project in an hour. However with different
> capacity sizes as you suggested earlier (the sender C++ will have a
> capacity of 300 and the receiver C# will have a 0 capacity and return
> acknowledgment of messages after every 10 messages). Maybe this might
> help.I am almost 80% sure this was the warning exception that I saw.
> However Ill be certain to note the exception that comes up and post it
> back. Also did you have any thoughts on the memory issue that I just
> mentioned. Why the broker released all the memory only when the C# receiver
> reconnected.(I had to disconnect the receiver and reconnect).

My guess is that there were still a lot of unacknowledged messages being
tracked, and closing the receiver allowed the broker to cleanup its
records of those. Browsing or acking more frequently would reduce the
number of deliveries the broker was tracking in this regard.

Can I ask if there is a reason you are not browsing? (In that case the
queue would always hold the last value for each key; the receiver would
never delete anything from the queue and messages would be removed only
when replaced by an update with the same key).