qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Re: [QpidWebBasedGUI]: Login
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2013 10:21:44 GMT
Hi,

On Qua, 2013-02-06 at 20:23 +0000, Fraser Adams wrote:
> Hey Bruno,
> Re:
> > I tested with Trac and it selects the username text if username doesn't
> > exist. After that, I went to the code and it calls the equals method on
> > null if the username doesn't exist. In Authenticator.java line 137
> > replaced the if clause with
> >
> > if (_accountCache.getProperty(username) != null &&
> > _accountCache.getProperty(username).equals(password))
> >
> > and it works fine.
> Thanks for that, that's awesome.
>
> kudos to you and shame to me for not checking for null :-[
> I think that the issue Sergey has been seeing navigating from msgDepth
> is a null reference issue in the JavaScript, so I'm doubly ashamed at
> the moment :'(
>
> I was planning on taking a look at it this weekend "to see if I'd done
> something stupid" - clearly I had indeed...
>
> > Not yet besides qpid-route.
> I'm planning on having a go with that when I get a bit of spare time, It
> ought to be pretty straightforward technically, I *think* that
> qpid-route uses QMF under the hood so the "business logic" should be
> simple, the hard bit is likely to be trying to make it friendly to use.
>

> > In my local broker I have the default configuration, In my test broker I
> > have a lot of (exotic) extras... :) and sometimes I can't connect, but I
> > will make a new thread on this after I'm sure that it's not my problem.
> :-) your "exotic extras" comment has me intrigued....
Well, in a simplistic way qpidd connects to saslauthd, which uses a PAM
module, that PAM module sends a qpid message to an authentication server
that connects to a MS SQL Server. The authentication server replys to
PAM module with a qpid message and the PAM module says to salsauthd to
accept or reject the authentication. Could it be more exotic? :)
> > Well, it didn't happen again, if it does, I'll tell you and send the
> > logs.
> That's good to know.
>
> Thanks again for finding the Authenticator bug - I hope the "null
> pointer fairy" doesn't strike again - oh dear, I've just tempted fate :-D

I'm glad I could help.

--
Bruno Matos