qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Qpid 0.20 released
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:32:12 GMT
Gripes so far...... I'm afraid it looks like 0.20 has broken QMF on Java.

I've built the main qpid-all.jar and pointed my CLASSPATH at it and
unfortunately "fings is well broke, innit?" :-(

It's lower level than the GUI stuff as none of the QMF2 stuff is working
and my QpidConfig port reports "No broker QmfConsoleData returned". My
initial suspicion is still that somebody has messed around with how AMQP
list messages are deserialised in Java, but I'll need to dig around a
bit :-(

On a more minor (and I'd assume unrelated) note I see the following on
every Java Client I've fired up so far:

(org.apache.qpid.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.

Odd that it's just that one class

I haven't built the C++ broker/client yet and the Java glitch seems to
concur with what Gordon saw last week (it looks like a change between
0.18 and 0.20 as when he used 0.18 jars and pointed at a 0.20 broker
things worked fine) so Java looks like the place to go digging.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Frase.