qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mailing lists and fragmented communication
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:11:34 GMT
On 01/18/2013 06:55 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> I agree that the qpid and proton users should be on the same list.
> Also, it's useful for much of the development info to be open to the
> users list. My only concern for a second list is for things that
> committers may need to talk about but which the larger user community
> doesn't care about. For example, "who broke the build" or
> questions/issues about the release process, etc.

I sympathise with the concern, and certainly don't want to impose
irrelevant emails on people.

In practice I think the volume of messages is low and in my view at
least, unlikely to be a serious nuisance.

I do think that having wider awareness of and involvement in the release
process would be a good thing for all of us. Sometimes even the 'who
broke the build' type mails can convey what is coming down the road and
allow users to comment or get involved earlier in the process.