qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mailing lists and fragmented communication
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 22:00:57 GMT
On 01/18/2013 08:23 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> I think rearranging the lists is not a substitute for
> rearranging the project and actively communicating about its structure.

I quite agree. My suggestion to consolidate discussions to one list is
not an attempt to imply anything about structure, but simply a way of
improving the flow of information.

> I may be in the minority with my -1, but I think there is actually a
> lot more work that needs to be done surrounding project structure,
> identity, documentation, communication, etc, and simply rearranging
> lists without doing the rest of that work is IMHO jumping the gun.

I don't think having a separate mailing list is the right way to ensure
the proton toolkit remains distinct and self contained. That is done
much more effectively through svn structure, build & release processes
and as you very rightly point out, better documentation and communication.

I believe communication will be simpler and more effective with one
list. I believe a less fragmented discussion will more quickly lead to
question being raised and answered and consensus and common
understanding growing.