qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:38:15 GMT
On 01/17/2013 04:39 PM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Qpid since version 0.4, and I have some services that still
> use the client API. One of those services needed some enhancements, so I
> decided to change that service to messaging API, but I'm having
> performance issues. The service replies to requests, in the old client
> API, I would extract the reply-to field(always a queue, the exchange was
> '') and, with the same shared session, send the replies to the requests.
> Now, with the messaging API, I need to create a Sender for each request,
> because the Sender has to have a valid endpoint, and can't be created
> with the empty (default) exchange. This creation is expensive and the
> reply times have increased about 30x.
>
> Is it possible to reutilize the Sender for an empty (default) exchange?

Currently the use of an empty string as the name is checked and
rejected. It would be easy enough to change that, and take the empty
string as implying the default exchange for 0-10.

E.g. see attached patch which passes all tests and I could commit if it
works for you (and no one else objects). Note with that however there
would be no checking of the validity of the addresses. If the queue
didn't exist then the message would be silently dropped.

Andy's suggestion provides checking when first creating senders for a
given address.