qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: QMF dead to new requests after invoking some create calls
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 18:40:57 GMT
Thanks for the update Ken.

"but since the problem is rarely hit" clearly we're not adding enough
bindings :-) I'll soon change that :-D

I'll probably add some defensive code in my GUI. It's a little bit of a
faff to do but I've already got a cache of Binding, Queue and Exchange
QMF objects, so when I go to add a new binding I can look through the
Binding objects for ones that match my binding key then dereference the
queueRef/exchangeRef IDs to lookup queue/exchange names associated with
said binding to check if my <exchangeName>/<queueName>/<bindingName> key

is unique.

It's not *quite* infallable as the cache only gets updated every 10
seconds, but it's *probably* good enough. I might look at forcing a
cache refresh just before the test, but that's getting a lot more
complex as I'm actually getting my QMF objects back from an AJAX call to
a REST implementation of the QMF2 API :-)

Hopefully my Qpid GUI will be in a releasable state in the next couple
of days, I'm currently going through some final bugs & snags and a
little bit of work to get it looking nice on mobile browsers.

Regards,
Frase

On 03/01/13 17:32, Ken Giusti wrote:

> This appears to be a bug in the way the amq.match (Headers Exchange) is implemented.
>
> The exchange+queue+binding-key need to be unique - QMF uses that tuple as the mgmt object
index.   However, it seems the Headers Exchange also considers the header configuration (k1=v1,
etc) when it checks for existing bindings.  In the above case, since the header values are
different, the exchange creates two bindings even though the exchange+queue+binding key are
the same.  That's a bug.

> Gordon hit this bug awhile ago while using federation -  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3356.
>
> The other problem - the hang - is probably related: QMF's handling of duplicate object
errors has been improved quite a bit since 0.12, but since the problem is rarely hit there
are probably still bugs in it.