qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Re: Performance issues
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:57:10 GMT
Hi Andy,

Thank you for the reply. Indeed the overall responding times decreased a
lot with this solution. Although there are some drawbacks, for new
clients there will always be the creation time penalty, and, in our
case, 'number of clients' times 'number of response threads' Senders
must be kept in memory. But for now we can live with that.

Thank you a lot.
Regards.

On Thu, 2013-01-17 at 12:25 -0500, Andy Goldstein wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> You can try to look up an existing sender and reuse it if it exists. I just ran a test
and it significantly decreases the amount of time it takes to send a large number of messages
to the same queue. Something along the lines of this:

> Sender tx;
>     bool create = false;
>     try {
>       tx = session.getSender("queue1");
>     } catch (KeyError& e) {
>       create = true;
>     }
>     if (create) {
>       tx = session.createSender("queue1");
>     }
>

> Andy
>
> On Jan 17, 2013, at 11:39 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using Qpid since version 0.4, and I have some services that still
> > use the client API. One of those services needed some enhancements, so I
> > decided to change that service to messaging API, but I'm having
> > performance issues. The service replies to requests, in the old client
> > API, I would extract the reply-to field(always a queue, the exchange was
> > '') and, with the same shared session, send the replies to the requests.
> > Now, with the messaging API, I need to create a Sender for each request,
> > because the Sender has to have a valid endpoint, and can't be created
> > with the empty (default) exchange. This creation is expensive and the
> > reply times have increased about 30x.
> >
> > Is it possible to reutilize the Sender for an empty (default) exchange?
> > Does anyone have any other suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Bruno Matos