qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Performance issues
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:39:05 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Qpid since version 0.4, and I have some services that still
use the client API. One of those services needed some enhancements, so I
decided to change that service to messaging API, but I'm having
performance issues. The service replies to requests, in the old client
API, I would extract the reply-to field(always a queue, the exchange was
'') and, with the same shared session, send the replies to the requests.
Now, with the messaging API, I need to create a Sender for each request,
because the Sender has to have a valid endpoint, and can't be created
with the empty (default) exchange. This creation is expensive and the
reply times have increased about 30x.

Is it possible to reutilize the Sender for an empty (default) exchange?
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Bruno Matos