qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robin Lee <robinlee.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: How to run the hello world example? Or we may need a minimal and throughout Getting Started steps.
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2012 10:08:28 GMT
Hi, all!

I am getting started Qpid today and failed to run the hello world example.

I install qpid-cpp-server on Feodra 18 through Yum. Current version is
qpid-cpp-server-0.18-6.fc18.x86_64.

Then I run server with the command "qpidd".

Then I compiled and ran the hello world example[1]. But it showed:
2012-12-25 17:18:55 [Client] warning Connection
[127.0.0.1:40303-localhost:5672]
closed
Failed to connect (reconnect disabled)

Then if I ran the server with "qpidd --auth=no" and ran the example again.
The client showed:
2012-12-25 17:20:27 [Client] warning Closing connection due to
internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(0): successful result:
(qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:223)
internal-error: Sasl error: SASL(0): successful result:
(qpid/SaslFactory.cpp:223)

So I think the Getting Started page is not so comprehensive.

We, or I, may need a Getting Started instruction with minimal steps that
make things just work, but meanwhile cover the setup of both server and
client.

After all, I am too new for Qpid. Sorry for my brute request.

Cheers,
robin

[1]
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.18/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch02.html#id2531116