qpid-users mailing list archives

From Phil Harvey <p...@philharveyonline.com>
Subject Re: How to encrypt user password in connection url
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 07:11:02 GMT
Hi David,

I assume you're talking about encrypting the stored URL string, and not
about encrypting the details sent over the wire to the broker.  I think the
only way to do this is to store it in a secure JNDI context, e.g. one
provided by a Java application server.  This is in line with the approach
commonly taken for making JDBC connections from JEE apps.

Phil