qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Lance D." <lan...@gmail.com>
Subject limit policy on bound temporary queues
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 03:09:00 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out a problem and I'm hoping to find the right way to
make this happen.

I've got a data producer that publishes to an fanout exchange.  My system
requires that under no circumstances can the producer get throttled because
even if 1 user can't keep up, the other consumers need the data as soon as
possible.  My thought is that if I just force all of the consumers to
connect with a 'ring' limit policy, then I should be okay because slow
consumers will just drop data on the floor.  So I'd like to be able to make
that the default policy.

That said, I'm fairly certain that isn't possible, so I'd at least like to
setup my clients with the correct settings.  I've read through the
documentation, but I can't seem to figure out how to register to receive
from an exchange, using a temporary (implicit) queue.

Thanks in advance for the help.
-Lance