qpid-users mailing list archives

From <David...@ubs.com>
Subject RE: How to encrypt user password in connection url
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2012 16:47:20 GMT
Hi, Phil,

Thanks for the info.

We are trying to embed qpid in Synapse where qpid connection information
is stored in a property file in the format like -

connectionfactory.QueueConnectionFactory =
amqp://user:password@clientID/test?brokerlist=...

So what you mean is that we need to create customized listener to read
the property file and decrypt the password where the password can be
encrypted?

It seems out of the box in Synapse, it uses
org.apache.axis2.transport.jms.JMSListener and there is no such an
option.

Thanks,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: philharveyonline@googlemail.com
[mailto:philharveyonline@googlemail.com] On Behalf Of Phil Harvey
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:11 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to encrypt user password in connection url

Hi David,

I assume you're talking about encrypting the stored URL string, and not
about encrypting the details sent over the wire to the broker.  I think
the only way to do this is to store it in a secure JNDI context, e.g.
one provided by a Java application server.  This is in line with the
approach commonly taken for making JDBC connections from JEE apps.

Phil

On 8 December 2012 00:27, <David.Hu@ubs.com> wrote:

> **
> Hi, Guys,
>
> Is there a way to encrypt password in the connection URL below?

> David
>
> Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

> should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.  Please notify

> the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
> mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.
>
> E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
> error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost,
> destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender
> therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the

> contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail
transmission.
> If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
> related financial instruments.
>

> UBS reserves the right to retain all messages. Messages are protected
> and accessed only in legally justified cases.

Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

E-mails are not encrypted and cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.  The sender
contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.
If verification is required please request a hard-copy version.  This
construed as a solicitation or offer to buy or sell any securities
or related financial instruments.