qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <gordon.r....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java client and message release or reject
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 08:44:12 GMT
On 11/08/2012 08:30 AM, Phil Harvey wrote:
> The delivery count is incremented each time the message is rejected by the
> client, eg when it explicitly calls session.rollback() after your
> application code decides that its format is wrong.

Does that actually reject (in 0-10 parlance) or just release the
message(s) (from my cursory examination of the code it seemed like it
was the latter).

Of course, if the broker provides the means to handle that as desired,
the difference need not be relevant. However if the dead-lettering is
based on delivery count and the message can only be delivered once, then
is it not the case that a failure might also result in dead-lettering of
in-doubt messages?