qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Darryl L. Pierce" <dpie...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: client or messaging ?
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 21:50:16 GMT
On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 08:09:46PM +0000, Matjaž Ostroveršnik wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could somebody give me a hint how to implement a listener?
> I know there is a MessageListener class which needs to be sub classed to do that, but
this class in in qpid::client namespace.
> The rest of the application uses qpid::messaging classes (including session and message).
>

> 1.      It qpid::messaging a right choice or should we rather use qpid::client?

The qpid::messaging APIs are the proper ones to use.

> 2.      If qpid::messaging is a right choice, how can I implement a listener?

A good starting point would be to look at the C++ examples in
examples/messaging, such as client.cpp.

> 3.      Why do we have two namespaces of classes with partially overlapping functionality?

qpid::client is the older APIs and no longer used. qpid::messaging is
the newer, better done API set that you should use.

> 4.      When to use qpid::client and when qpid::messaging?

See above.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/