qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sajith Kariyawasam <saj...@gmail.com>
Subject Whether to use Queues or Topics.. ?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 10:43:52 GMT
Hi all,

My requirement is to notify a cluster of nodes, when an event is occurred..
 nodes will be different based on client Id, one client can have more than
one node...

In message broker, I will have one queue per client (Say queue1, queue2.. )
, and nodes will be listening to their relevant queue ... so, in this case
more than one node (say node1, node2 and node3) listening to one queue
(Say, queue1)

I realize that if one node(say node1)  reads the message from the queue,
the message is gone, so that the other nodes (node1 and node2) will not be
notified..

Hence I thought of using Topics instead.. but there the problem I face is
that the messages published on topics are not persisted, if one node misses
a message (that node may be down at the time of message receiving) it never
gonna get the message again (if the node is rebooted)..

Are there any other construct that I can use or a combination of Queues and
Topics for my use case?

--
Best Regards
Sajith