qpid-users mailing list archives

From Sean K <sk92...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tested Linux platforms with 0.18
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 21:30:03 GMT
Sure..

checking whether to build static libraries... no
checking for ld used by g++... /usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
checking if g++ static flag -static works... no
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for library containing dlopen... -ldl
checking for library containing clock_gettime... -lrt
checking for clock_gettime... yes
checking for clock_settime... yes
checking for valgrind... valgrind
checking for rpmlint... no
checking for ruby... ruby
checking for swig... no
configure: WARNING: cannot find 'swig' program. You should look at
http://www.swig.org
checking for ruby1.8... no
checking for ruby... /usr/bin/ruby
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.6
checking for python platform... linux2
checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib64/python2.6/site-packages
checking for PYTHON... no
configure: WARNING: Didn't find Python 2.7 developer libs - looking
for older version
checking for Py_Initialize in -lpython2.6... no
checking for "/usr/include/python2.6/Python.h"... no
configure: WARNING: Couldn't find Python developer libs - you probably
don't have a python-dev or python-devel package installed
checking for perl... perl
checking for "/usr/lib64/perl5/CORE/perl.h"... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp usability... yes
checking boost/shared_ptr.hpp presence... yes
checking for boost/shared_ptr.hpp... yes
checking uuid/uuid.h usability... no
checking uuid/uuid.h presence... no
checking for uuid/uuid.h... no
configure: error: Missing required header files.

Based on this last check that was done, I ensured that

libuuid-devel
e2fsprogs-devel

were installed using "sudo yum install libuuid-devel e2fsprogs-devel"

They were installed, or i installed them, and I re-tried the 'make',
it still failed right after the uuid.h not being found.

Then I looked at the configure --help output if I can directly tell
configure where to look for the uuid.h or that package, but I couldnt
figure that out -- not without reading the whole configure or make
script.

Hopefully this sheds more light on my situation.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Ken Giusti <kgiusti@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> Like Darryl, I do most of my qpid work using the latest Fedora.   However, I was able
to build the latest stable branch of qpid (0.18) successfully on my Centos 6 x86_64 machine
(fully up to date).