qpid-users mailing list archives

From Terance Dias <tera...@socialtwist.com>
Subject Re: qpid async replication and failover
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 09:40:38 GMT
Thanks a lot for your reply Gordon.

We are using the replication described at  http://qpid.apache.org/books/**
trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-**CPP-Book/html/queue-state-**replication.html<http://qpid.apache.org/books/trunk/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/queue-state-replication.html>
.
We are running on Ubuntu.

We decided to go with this kind of replication because it allowed HA
solution across networks. Does the new mechanism work across networks or
are the nodes required to be in the same network?
Also, I'm new to Linux. So I just wanted to know how rgmanager works. Does
it run on a separate node and monitors the cluster nodes? In that case can
it be a single point of failure?
Also, Please let me know if you know if anybody has deployed the new
cluster mechanism in production.

Thanks,
Terance.